1. 1% incentive paperwork. Gabrielino is missing 50 teachers. Please fill out and send in your paperwork ASAP! The sooner they get everyone's paperwork, the sooner they can begin processing. I sent the blank form this morning via your work email.
2. 4% Retro - If you work an overload, the calculations were incorrect in your retro check. The hours are being recalculated and you will be issued another check. All other amounts were correct according to SGTA's calculations
3. DODGER night - see attached flyer
4. First Financial Credit Union presented some of its special offerings for us. Two flyers attached.
5. 3 teachers retiring (none from Gab) - see attached flyer.
6. We still need another SGTA site rep - elections in the fall. Chanda and I could use the help!
7. We discussed negotiations in surround districts - La Canada and Pasadena. These could both set a precedent for us when we return to negotiations in May. Stay tuned. Pasadena is in mediation as their union rejected the district's offer. If they strike, we will discuss supporting them.
As always, if you need anything, please let us know.
The infamous 'blue bag' that carries our retro checks will arrive, per Kathy, between 1 and 1:30 on Monday.
Kathy kindly asks that you don't call or check in with her about the checks until after 1:30 (her words, not mine) :)
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
In case you missed the email from Anna, 4% retro checks will be sent on Monday. My best guess is that they will be available in the afternoon. I will ask Kathy to notify me when they are here.
The 4% should be on salary (from August-March, 6 months), hourly (a green card was filled out), period subbing and stipends. If you teach an overload, it should include that as well for 6 months.
I have been in frequent contact with Michelle and she has been meticulous in terms of calculating each teacher's check.
Have a good weekend.
Just a friendly reminder that Christina will be facilitating Site Rep voting today, Wednesday April 13th during lunch in her classroom B255.
GABRIELINO needs one more site rep.
Please read the following from our President, Dena:
Are you an aspiring leader? Do you enjoy helping out your fellow colleagues? Would you like to learn more about our collective bargaining agreement and how to strive to have better working conditions and resources in the classroom? If so, SGTA would love to have you come on board as your school site Union Representative.
Our SGTA Union Reps have done a phenomenal job this year, working over and above their regular work day. Next year, some reps would like to venture into new areas of the union, leaving your school sites union rep position unfilled. Therefore, this is YOUR CHANCE! Please take a moment to read over the Rep Council Candidacy Form that was placed in your mailbox. If you are willing to commit to a year of service, with the satisfaction of knowing that you contributing to the the betterment of SGTA, please fill out the form and make sure it gets into the hands of Christina Shi at Gabrielino by Friday, April 8th at 3:30.
If at this time you are not interested in becoming a union rep, then please do me a simple favor and seek out your school site rep and thank them for all of the hard work that they have done for SGTA! A kind hello or a warm cup of coffee goes along way to show you care.
PLEASE TURN IN YOUR 1% BONUS PD paper work to Sharron ASAP!
She will sign it (or make additional comments) then YOU have to send it to HR.
Please make a copy before you send and also confirm with them that they got it.
If you need additional PD hours, here is a great website for webinars.