- Increases to Asst. Superintendent and Acting Superintendent contracts are 2%, following the Certificated salary increases. Mr. Perry's increase includes longevity.
Click here for Link to Full Agenda and Attachments
Presentation - Roosevelt Elementary School Rockstars
Presentation - 2018-2019 California Science Test Annual Report
Approve School Safety Plans for School Year 2019 - 2020
Approve Del Mar High School Field Trip to Calalina
Approve First Amendment to Employment Contract with Will Wong, Assistand Superintendant of Business Services
Approve First Amendment to Employment Contract with James Symonds, Assistand Superintendant of Educational Services
Approve First Amendment to Employment Contract with Ross Perry, Assistand Superintendant of Human Resources
Approve Pay Range Reclassification for Student Database Specialist Assistant
Approve Revised Job Description and Pay Range Classification, HS Registrar Secretary
Governing Board Review of School Boards Association Revision Recommendations
Approve Renewal Agreement Between SGUSD and the West SG Valley Special Education Local Plan for Reimbursement
Approve Purchase Orders Issued in Excess of $5,000 Report No. 11
Approve Essential Training Report No. 12
Approve Certificated Personnel Status Report No. 12
Approve Classified Personnel Status Report No. 12
- . OPENING PROCEDURE
- A. CALL TO ORDER at 6:00 PM
- B. ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM established. All present.
- 2. REQUESTS TO ADDRESS THE GOVERNING BOARD None.
- 3. RECESS TO CLOSED SESSION at 6:00 PM
- A. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE DISCIPLINE/DISMISSAL/RELEASE/COMPLAINTS (Pursuant to Government Code §54957)
- B. PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT/APPOINTMENT (Pursuant to Government Code §54957 (b).)
- 4. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION at 7:00 PM
- A. ANNOUNCEMENT OF ACTION TAKEN IN CLOSED SESSION. None.
- B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE led by Roosevelt 3rd grade students.
- C. APPROVAL OF AGENDA Unanimously approved.
- D. REQUESTS TO ADDRESS THE GOVERNING BOARD None.
- 5. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES
- A. Approve the Governing Meeting Minutes of February 11, 2020 Unanimously approved.
- 6. PUBLIC HEARING(S) None.
- 7. SPECIAL REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- A. REPORTS - Student Board Members
- Cecilia Venegas- Del Mar HS: Hosting three elementary schools for Canes arcade program and will celebrate Open House. JMS: Third Speech Tournament of the year in which the team performed well. Leadership retreat at Disneyland. Concerts coming up. McKinley: Chocolate Fundraiser. Wilson: Valentine-grams a success. Dual Immersion Mandarin program meeting well attended.
- Jocelyn Tan - GHS: Project Bridge Youth Ambassadors- 2 chosen for LA Metro area from GHS. Wresting CIF Championship qualifiers. Speech National qualifiers as well. FBLA have 15 competing in regional championship.Gab Talks- Lost and Found theme this year.Vocal Showcase in March. Coolidge 3rd grade spelling bee. Habit: Think Win Win. Washington: ELPAC testing beginning. Attendance competition, Read-a-Thon, Founders Day events.
- B. REPORT - Governing Board President: Dr. Scott spoke on the TK-12 Parent meeting help at JMS with triple the attendance as in the past. A showcase and a way to honor the work being done.
- C. REPORT - Acting Superintendent, Mr. Symonds: congratulations to Wrestling, soccer and Speech and Debate teams.190 parents attended the event with performance by the GHS Spring Quartet. Cheryl Shellhart recipient of Golden Apple at the ASCA event.
- D. PRESENTATION - Roosevelt Elementary School Rockstars: Cheryl Wilson presents on Roosevelt Rockstars. Student Speech and Debate members led the lively presentation. Performance by MIE 5th grade Orchestra.Dr. Scott: Great schools come from great teachers. Mrs. Wilson thanked the Board and our teachers. We want to thank all of our parents- we can't do this without you. It's a community effort and we are grateful. A TV crew from CA Inside Education will be filming in the
- E. PRESENTATION - 2018-2019 California Science Test (CAST) Annual Report Dr. Joan Perez and Jennifer Vargas shared explained the CAST Science Test. Results were shared how SGUSD students performed in 5th, 8th, and 12th grade. Jennifer Vargas shared how SGUSD will move forward with NGSS. We will continue to use the California Science Ceneter as a major resource because they have provided the best resources and are practicing teachers as well. In addition , SGUSD will move towards textbook adoption that is aligned to NGSS and CAST. We will focus on Evidence, Inquiry and Writing in a scientific setting. (Presentation attached.)
- 8. ACTION ITEMS
- A. BUSINESS SERVICES: No action items.
- B. EDUCATIONAL SERVICES
- 1. Approve School Safety Plans For School Year 2019-2020 (See link to full agenda if you wish to view school safety plans.) Lon Sellars discussed schools efforts to update their plans. He seeked board approval.
- Mr. Ammon asked about Active Shooter Plans. Mr. Sellars indicated that all school sites had these included in their plans. Question regarding Wilson's limited coverage by Sheriff's Dept will be augmented by San Gabriel PD.
- Unanimous approval.
- 2. Approve Del Mar High School field trip to Catalina Classic Cruises in Long Beach CA on October 14th-October 16th, 2020. Mr. Sellars: Using School Improvement monies for the field trips.
- Unanimous approval.
- C. GOVERNING BOARD OF EDUCATION
- 1. Approve First Amendment to Employment Contract with William Wong, Assistant Superintendent of Business Services Unanimous approval.Total: $2,998 increase
- 2. Approve First Amendment to Employment Contract with James Symonds, Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services Unanimous approval. Total: $3,149 increase
- 3. Approve First Amendment to Employment Contract with Ross Perry, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources Unanimous approval. Total: $4,497 increase; included longevity increase.
- D. HUMAN RESOURCES
- 1. Approve Pay Range Reclassification for Student Database Specialist Assistant Unanimous approval.
- 2. Approve Revised Job Description and Pay Range Reclassification, HS Registrar Secretary Unanimous approval.
- E. SUPERINTENDENT'S OFFICE
- 1. Governing Board Review of California School Boards Association (CSBA) Policy Revision Recommendations
- 9. BOARD ANNOUNCEMENTS/REPORTS/COMMUNICATIONS
- Mr. Ammon- congratulations on the TK-12 presentation for new families.
- Ms. Alvarado- Congratulations to Roosevelt on your presentation. Congratulations to Cheryl Shellhart on the GLoden Apple. AB 2500 on Mandatory Kindergarten, we should keep and eye on it. A movement toward schools taking 4 years olds and allowing for collection of ADA. Proposal to introduce starting school after labor day.
- Mrs. Shellhart- last night's presentation was great. Three times the number of attendees without having VMA. Congratulations on Speeeh and Debate at GHS. Thank you for attending the Golden Apple ceremony.
- 10. CONSENT AGENDA
- Consent Agenda approved in its entirety.
- A. BUSINESS SERVICES
- 1. Accept Donations to the San Gabriel Unified School District
- 2. Approve the Renewal Agreement Between the San Gabriel Unified School District and the West San Gabriel Valley Special Education Local Plan Area for Reimbursement of Employee On-Loan
- 3. Approve Purchase Orders Issued in Excess of $5,000 Report No. 11
- B. EDUCATIONAL SERVICES
- 1. Approve Essential Training Travel Report No. 12
- C. HUMAN RESOURCES
- 1. Approve Certificated Personnel Status Report No. 12
- 2. Approve Classified Personnel Status Report No. 12
- D. SUPERINTENDENT'S OFFICE
- 11. NEXT MEETING REMINDER(S)
- 12. ADJOURNMENT
We ARE stronger together!