A few things from our SGTA meeting last night
1. Your paycheck on March 31 should include the 4% raise.
2. Don't know when retro checks will be issued. The district is working on them. They are quite complicated because they not only include retro for salary, but hourly and stipends as well.
3. Sub problem is district wide. DEC just hired 9 new subs. New sub rate goes up on April 1 to $130 per day - which is the same or more than all surrounding districts (except San Marino). Hopefully this will help the period sub problem. The negotiations team will also revisit the contract language for period subbing.
4. SGTA site rep elections. I will be placing materials in your box on Friday. GAB has 3 site rep positions. Chanda and I are running, but anyone can run and we definitely need one more. If you are interested in running, fill out the form and forward to Christina Shi by April 8.
5. CTA Summer institute. SGTA approved paying for 10 members to go to the summer institute at UCLA. If you have not gone to a conference this year, consider going to this. Please email me if you are interested. First come, first served. https://www.cta.org/en/Professional-Development/Events/Calendar/Conference/2016/08/Summer-Institute.aspx
6. Negotiations returning to table soon. We need to know if you are ALL IN! This will be a really tough fight for our negotiations team as the district has already said that they won't offer another 4% . So, we need EVERYONE to SHOW UP for everything we ask. Are you ready for a fight? We are, but we need FULL SGTA SUPPORT. What that means is wear your shirt when asked, show up at a board meeting when asked, etc. More info to follow.
Sub pay raise
This may help attract more qualified subs to our district:
On Tuesday night our School Board Members approved 5- 0 to increase our sub pay. See below.
"To attract and retain qualified substitute teachers it is recommended that the daily rate would increase to $130 per day and the recommended long tern rate would increase to $160 per day (beginning on the 20th day of that assignment). This would be effective April 1, 2016."
I clipped the paragraphs that pertain to on site hours and period subbing on the attached document. Specific things pertaining to teachers are in yellow and counselors, SLPs and librarians are in green (the stuff in yellow pertains to you as well)
Chanda and I are sorting out the period sub issue. Please continue to log your hours into the Sub Log in the Calendars webpage.
Webinar info for theatre and dance.
A period sub log is now available in the Calendars menu. If you can, per week, keep track of how many times you were asked to period sub and how many you actually did. Then, enter it into the log.
Congratulations to Dena, Francois, Lisa, and Vicky on being re-elected to the SGTA Executive Board. Your time and commitment to SGTA is greatly appreciated.
Site Representatives, please post the attached teller's report at your respective sites.
Those who did not return your ballot boxes, please return them ASAP to Christina Shi at GHS. The Elections Committee will need them to prepare for the Site Rep elections that will be forthcoming.
Thank you all, and congratulations, again, to our 2016-18 Executive Board!
SGTA Elections Committee
Fwd: New Salary Schedules for Teacher, Counselor, and Speech Pathologist & Adaptive P.E.
The new salary schedules have been posted on the district website under the tab Staff, then click open Collective Bargaining Agreement. I have attached them as well. Please note, there are 2 salary schedules for Teacher, Counselor, and Speech/Adaptive PE.
Hopefully Chanda cleared up any questions you may have but, if not, please do not hesitate to ask one of us.
70% Of Educators Agree...