Hello S.G.T.A. Members,
We hope you have been having a
Splendid summer! Please read our important updates below!
-SGTA Executive Board
"Special School Board Meeting"
August 9th, 12:00 PM School Board Room
Come and listen to discussions surrounding
San Gabriel Unified District Leadership!
-Agenda will be posted 72 hours ahead of time on district website
Classroom Furniture Stacked Up?
Contact your school principal if your classroom furniture needs to be set up!
Do not lift heavy items!
Congrats to our Negotiations Team for sending members to the UCLA Summer Institute!
Contract negotiations with the district will continue
in the Fall!
We look forward to seeing your smiling faces at the SGTA Welcome Back meeting on August 16th at Jefferson Middle School!
We will share new information regarding new site reps, member benefits, conferences and much more!
A Note from Your Vice President
We're committed to keeping our membership informed! Check the attachments for Board Meeting Bullets, monthly Certificated and Classified Personnel Reports, and the Essential Travel & Training report.
Board Meeting Bullets
Submitted by J. Vargas
San Gabriel USD
July 17, 2018 6:00PM
6:00 p.m. Closed Session
Session 7:00 p.m. Open Session
Link to Full Agenda Online:
Full Board Meeting Bullets
Certificated Personnel Report #1
Classified Personnel Report #1
Essential Training & Travel Report
· 7a. Board President Alvarez: School Liaison assignments.
· Alvarez: CO and Del Mar,
· Shellhart: WA and JMS
· Scott: RO and JMS
· Tcheng: Wilson and GHS
· Ammon; McK and GHS3
· 7b. Supt. Pappalardo: Summer school completed. Welcomes Mr. Perry to the table and Yolanda Mendoza to Ed Services.
Business Services- Action Items-
· 8a. Adopt Resolution No. 01/2018-19, Certification of Signatures for District Business Documents on Behalf of the Governing Board. Approved unanimously.
· 8b. Approve the Contract between the San Gabriel Unified School District and Citadel CPM, Inc. (construction contracts) Approved unanimously.
· 8c. Approve Authorization to Award RFP No. 1007 Passenger Vehicle Special Education Pupil Transportation Services. Lowest bid: $212,300 contract for the year to be used instead of a bus. Cheryl Shellhart questioned use instead of bus. Dr. P sees change in transportation services with ride sharing such as Uber. Approved unanimously.
Educational Services – Action Items
· 9a. ACTION - Approve the San Gabriel Unified School District's 2018-2019 Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) Federal Addendum . The LCAP Federal Addendum is meant to supplement the LCAP to ensure that eligible Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) have the opportunity to meet the Local Educational Agency Plan provisions of Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Approved unanimously.
· 9b. ACTION - Approve the Memorandum of Understanding between Girls on the Run of Los Angeles County and San Gabriel Unified – Coolidge Elementary to Provide an After School Program. Approved unanimously.
· 9c. ACTION - Approve the Memorandum of Understanding between Pacific Clinics and San Gabriel Unified to provide Substance Use Disorder Prevention Services (Del Mar HS). Approved unanimously.
· 9d. ACTION - Approve West San Gabriel Valley SELPA and San Gabriel Unified School District’s Master Agreement for Nonpublic, Nonsectarian School/Agency Services, School Year 2018-2019 (Special Education). Approved unanimously.
10a. ACTION - Approve Annual Declaration of Need for Fully Qualified Educators, 2018-2019. There may be an insufficient number of certificated persons who meet the District’s specified employment criteria for various positions each school year. This is a prerequisite to the issuance of any emergency permit for English Language Learner Authorization (CLAD) and RSP Certificate. Education Code requires that districts applying for an emergency permit verify a diligent search has been made for certificated teachers, but that the district has been unable to recruit a sufficient number of fully credentialed teachers to meet all staffing requirements. Approved unanimously.
10b. ACTION - Approve Amendment to Consultant Agreement between the San Gabriel Unified School District and the Titan Group Professional Investigations. Amendment to the contract due to an increase in the amount for professional investigation services. Approved unanimously.
10c. ACTION - Approve Consultant Agreement between the San Gabriel Unified School District and The Teacher's Pension. Teacher's Pension will coordinate documentation, consent forms, and agreements for the San Gabriel Unified School District 2018 Retirement Incentive Program and serve as a liaison with National Benefit Services (NBS). Approved unanimously.
11a. ACTION - Approve California School Boards Association (CSBA) Suggested Policy Revisions.
See Board agenda for more details on policy revisions.
Ammon comments on the tobacco revision hoping City will enforce use with joint use agreements. Dr. Papplardo noted he will affirm with City. Approved unanimously.
11b. ACTION - Approve Rescheduling the August 14, 2018 and August 28, 2018 Governing Board Meetings to August 21, 2018 Commencing at 6:00 p.m. with Closed Session. Approved unanimously.
11c. ACTION - Approve Rescheduling the September 25, 2018 Governing Board Meeting to Monday, September 24, 2018 Commencing at 6:00 p.m. with Closed Session. Approved unanimously.
Alvarado: Call out to the Screaming Eagles. One of the best programs in all of America. Consistently sends 20-25 students to national competitions.
Tcheng: Enjoyed July 4th parade with other Board members.
Scott: Thanked Gab Drum Line at parade. We represented the district well
Ammon: Congratulates Mr. Perry to the dais and adding value to the district.
CONSENT AGENDA: Approved in full unanimously. See attachment for full details.
Adjournment at 7:16 pm
Meeting adjourned at 7:15 pm