1. American Fidelity benefits meetings - make sure you bring all the required paperwork. Also, a few teachers who have had their meetings have mentioned that American Fidelity will try to sell you their products at the beginning of the meeting. Please note that you are under NO OBLIGATION to purchase any of their products. They are one many vendors who offer disability, 403B, cancer insurance etc. Do not feel obligated to purchase anything from them (unless you want to). Also make sure to ask them how to go online and view your benefits.
2. Prop 55 precinct walking - will take place from the Monrovia CTA office on Saturday, November 5th from 10-3. If you are interested, please let me know.
3. LCAP - Gab needs a teacher to be on the LCAP committee and attend a training on November 9th. Chanda and I are kind of tapped out. We need someone new to step up and become part of this team. If you are interested please go to www.ccee-ca.org and sign up. Also, please let me know. Thank you!
4. SEF payroll deductions - As you know, SEF donated $150,000 to our school programs last year. If you would like to make a donation to SEF via payroll deduction please fill out the form that I am putting in your mailbox tomorrow. You can donate as little as $5 per month. Deductions to SEF are tax deductible.
5. CalSTRS excess contributions - Check your CALSTRS account for any excess contributions. We have been in contact with the district and LACOE as to when our excess contributions will be forwarded back to us. I will let you know when the checks will be issued. The amount is small, but due back to us.
6. CTA conferences - SGTA will reimburse 20 members to go to CTA conferences. If you are interested, please let me know and fill out the registration online. SGTA will pay for conference fees, mileage and hotel. http://www.cta.org/en/Professional-Development/Events/Conferences.aspx