Special Board Meeting:
- The Board appointed Jim Symonds as Acting Superintendent effective immediately.
- The Board has hired new legal representation.
Be sure to check for continuing updates throughout the summer.
Link to Full Agenda
Agreement for Special Legal Services
SGTA BOARD MEETING BULLETS
Special Board Meeting
San Gabriel USD
July 24, 2019 6:00PM
Board Room 408 Junipero Serra Drive San Gabriel, California 91776
1. OPENING PROCEDURE
1. a. Call to Order at 6:00 PM.
1. b. Establishment of Quorum. Members Present: President Shellhart, Ms. Haas, Dr. Scott, Ms. Alvarez. Administrators: J. Symonds, W. Wong. Absent: Dr. Pappalardo, Mr. Ammon. Mr. Ammon to arrive soon. (Mr. Ammon arrived as Board recessed to closed session.)
1. c. Pledge of Allegiance
1. d. Approval of Agenda
2. ACTION - Approve Agreement for Special Services between the San Gabriel Unified School District and Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud and Romo (AALRR)
Summary: The agreement with Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Rudd and Romo will allow the San Gabriel Unified School District to retain and engage the Law Firm to perform legal services on the District's behalf.
Recommended Motion: Administration recommends to approve agreement for Special Services between the San Gabriel Unified School District and Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud and Romo (AALRR).
Rationale: AALRR will provide legal services that the Governing Board and Administration determine to be beyond the scope of staff to conduct. AALRR specializes in different areas such as: Employment Law, Education Law, Construction-School/Facilities, Corporate, Business and Commercial Litigation, among other special areas. It is sound practice to have an agreement in place, so that in the event the services are needed, a timely response can be provided. The term for this agreement shall be for one year, commencing on July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020.
3. REQUESTS TO ADDRESS THE GOVERNING BOARD
3a. REQUESTS TO ADDRESS THE GOVERNING BOARD regarding Items on the CLOSED SESSION agenda
4. RECESS TO CLOSED SESSION at 6:02 PM.
4. a. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL—ANTICIPATED LITIGATION (Government Code §54956.9)
4. b. PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT/APPOINTMENT (Government Code §54957 (b).)
4. c. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE DISCIPLINE/DISMISSAL/RELEASE (Government Code §54957 (b).)
Employee No. EH5218280
5. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION at 7:31 PM
5. a. ANNOUNCEMENT OF ACTION TAKEN IN CLOSED SESSION
Appointed J. Symonds as Acting Superintendent effective immediately.
Appointment was unanimous, 5-0.
6. ADJOURNMENT at 7:32 PM.
6. a. NEXT MEETING REMINDERS
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Join us at the next Board Meeting!
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Keep wearing those shirts!!
Show we are unified!