A few things have come to my attention. I met with Ruth today and discussed all of these things.
- Please become familiar with the Counselor handbook located in the share folder. It is a fluid document being updated as needed and outlines procedures for the counseling department.
- Per our SGTA contract, class size is limited to 36. You do NOT have to accept a 37th student.
- imbalance among other things. If they fail BOTH semesters, then it IS in the best interest of the student to try another teacher.
- Classes with a prerequisite must be followed. If your class has a prerequisite and a student is placed in your class and doesn't meet the pre-req, email the counselor and cc Ruth.
- We do NOT have many semester-long courses which causes problems when students transfer back or into our school second semester. Counselors are struggling to find appropriate placement for these students.