We hope that you and your loved ones had a wonderful holiday season and are starting off 2022 on a positive note. As your Executive Board, we wanted to let you know that we have been in close communication with our CTA Staff Representative, Angel Maldonado, and we are always considering the best interest of our members while we address work related issues surrounding the Omicron variant.
Here are some updates:
- SGTA has asked Ed Services for clarification on how teachers will manage multiple parent requests for 1- 2 weeks of Independent Study. We have also discussed class sizes for Virtual Classrooms.
- The district will be attending training for New Attendance Procedures as parents are electing to keep their children home.
- Reminder - Memorandums of Understanding were signed prior to the end of 2021 which extend the Federal Covid Leave and outlined Instruction During Quarantine. (Click below to view).
- Our Negotiations Team is scheduled back at the table with the District Administration on February 10th.
- Brand new (black) SGTA T-Shirts have been purchased and will be distributed by your site reps!
- CTA Conferences in January and February are still slated to be In-Person, but we anticipate this news changing within the next week.
In conclusion, our last important update is that the Executive Board terms will be ending in June 2022. We have all made the personal decision to not seek office for another 2-year term, therefore there will be 4 seats open (President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.) We are sharing this information early to give members time to consider running for office and to reach out to us for more information. Rest assured, we will help transition new individuals into these positions. If declarations are not submitted for these positions, the Executive Board for the 2022-2024 school years will remain vacant. We hope you will consider becoming an active leader for your union!
Wishing you a Happy New Year!
SGTA Executive Board
Dena Dragoo, President
Patti Kim, Vice President
Vicky Mireles, Treasure
Iraise Garcia, Secretary
Instruction During Quarantine MOU
Covid-19 Related Sick Leave - MOU
(through June 30, 2022)