Friday is the last day to turn in your declartion to be a Site Representative for the 2021-2022 school year. Please apply! We are always looking to build our union capacity.
Our negotiations team is preparing to go back to the table to discuss salary. Health Benefits will stay the same.
SGTA Executive Board
Site Representative Declaration due May 14th, 4:00 p.m.
SGTA Board Meeting Bullets
- The board took action 4-0 (1 absention) to appoint David Rynkiewicz as Gabrielino Principal.
- School Board Member Nancy Tsai resigned her position due to relocation. She thanked the district and was sorry to leave becasue San Gabriel has been her home for many years.
- School Board President Haas apprecieted and valued all teachers for Teacher Appretiation Week.
- Presentation to adopt Science curriculum for Jefferson
- Presentation from the East SGV Regional Occupational Program
- Presentation for the Arts and Technology Virtual Academy Update
- Board approved the renewal of the Options for Youth - San Gabriel
- Board denied request from Options for Youth to renew maerials and to operate outside of the district - Chino
- Board approved Get More Math Licenses
- Board approved Use of iReady for Spring Assessments
- Board renewed the license for Brain Pop
Click here for Link to Full Agenda and Complete Attachments
Are you interested in taking notes at our school board meetings?
SGTA is looking to for a group of Credentialed Teachers to be in charge of the producing the Board Bullets 2x a month!
$$ This would be a monthly stipend position! $$
Let your Site Rep know if you are interested!
Some of the job responsibilities will include:
- preparing the board bullets prior to the meeting
- taking notes during the board meeting
- sending out the notes to the general membership by the next working day.
- training will be during the summer school board meetings
Join us at the next Board Meeting!
- Tuesday, May 25, 2021
- Tuesday, June 15, 2021
- Tuesday, June 29, 2021
6:00 Open Session, Closed Session, 7:00 Open Session Reconvenes