A few things from our SGTA meeting last night
1. Your paycheck on March 31 should include the 4% raise.
2. Don't know when retro checks will be issued. The district is working on them. They are quite complicated because they not only include retro for salary, but hourly and stipends as well.
3. Sub problem is district wide. DEC just hired 9 new subs. New sub rate goes up on April 1 to $130 per day - which is the same or more than all surrounding districts (except San Marino). Hopefully this will help the period sub problem. The negotiations team will also revisit the contract language for period subbing.
4. SGTA site rep elections. I will be placing materials in your box on Friday. GAB has 3 site rep positions. Chanda and I are running, but anyone can run and we definitely need one more. If you are interested in running, fill out the form and forward to Christina Shi by April 8.
5. CTA Summer institute. SGTA approved paying for 10 members to go to the summer institute at UCLA. If you have not gone to a conference this year, consider going to this. Please email me if you are interested. First come, first served. https://www.cta.org/en/Professional-Development/Events/Calendar/Conference/2016/08/Summer-Institute.aspx
6. Negotiations returning to table soon. We need to know if you are ALL IN! This will be a really tough fight for our negotiations team as the district has already said that they won't offer another 4% . So, we need EVERYONE to SHOW UP for everything we ask. Are you ready for a fight? We are, but we need FULL SGTA SUPPORT. What that means is wear your shirt when asked, show up at a board meeting when asked, etc. More info to follow.