Please let one of us know if you have any questions.
COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
- ARTICLE XIV CLASS SIZE
- Kindergarten: no class size exceeding 33.
- Grades 1-3: no class size exceeding 32.
- Grades 4-5: no class size exceeding 35.
- Combined grades K-1 or 3-4 shall be covered by the primary ratio.
- Middle school - Grades 6-8: no class size exceeding 36.
- High School - Grades 9-12: no class size exceeding 36.
- Special education classes maximum per class for educationally handicapped -
12 or as provided by Code.
- Physical Education – Grades 6-12: no class size exceeding 51.
- Excluded from the above ratios are classes in instrumental or vocal music, Athletics (sports teams), situations in which two or more individual classes are assembled together for special instructional purposes, modular or team teaching situations, any other similar situations, and also any "over-ratio" class for which the teacher or faculty involved has made a written waiver request.
- If a unit member reports in writing to the Superintendent (or designee) that his/her class exceeds the above maximums, the District shall ensure compliance with the maximums within fifteen (15) working days, excluding the first four weeks of school and first four weeks after winter break which shall be twenty (20) working days, (first three weeks of each semester for Gabrielino High School) from the date said notice is received by the Superintendent (or designee).
Your Gab site reps
Terri, Edith, Chris and Andres